Today is the first day of fall. Here is why I love this season:
1. I actually don’t mind the rain and I love cold/sunny days
2. I love the colors of fall – I am already seeing tree leaves start to change
3. It’s about the only time of year where I love to buy a new pair of shoes
4. This may sound morbid but, I like the idea of old things dying, going through a winter and then new life. Fall is the beginning of letting some necessary things begin the cycle of death to make room for the new life that wants to emerge.
5. My birthday is in October:)
6. The kids are back in school and there is again a semblance of order.
7. This is my favorite season for cooking and having folks over to share a meal – lots of roasted meats with root vegetables and red wine.
8. While I am not much for Halloween, I love the Thanksgiving holiday. Not in the respect of what we are celebrating but more in how we choose to celebrate it with family and reflecting on all that we have to be thankful for.
9. The smells of fall
10. Even though I am not interested in sports, there is something about the football season and the world series that I like. Mind you I don’t watch them, but I catch the excitement from my husband and my kids and somehow I vicariously experience the season without really entering it.
That’s about it…